Chrysler Reveals Product Plans Through 2016: What does this mean for the Dodge Dart? - New Dodge Dart Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Chrysler Reveals Product Plans Through 2016: What does this mean for the Dodge Dart?

Autoguide.com posted the above image in this article today, that outlines Chrysler's product plans. It shows when Chrysler will be releasing new vehicles, refreshed vehicles and "add" which is probably for more models. This is where discussion of more Dart models, specifically the SRT Dart comes in...going off of this chart, when do you think we can expect to see the SRT Dart???

Edit: found a press release on this stuff
Quote:
  • Chrysler Group LLC's full-year 2012 net income improved more than eight-fold to $1.7 billion, from $183 million a year ago
  • Net revenue for the year was $65.8 billion, up 20 percent from $55.0 billion a year ago; fourth-quarter revenue was up 13 percent to $17.2 billion
  • Modified Operating Profit(b) improved to $2.9 billion for the year, up 47 percent from the prior year; fourth-quarter Modified Operating Profit was up 40 percent to $711 million
  • Cash(d) at year's end was $11.6 billion compared with $9.6 billion a year ago and $11.9 billion at Sept. 30, 2012; Free Cash Flow(e) for the year was $2.2 billion compared with $1.9 billion a year ago
  • Net Industrial Debt(f) was $1.0 billion at Dec. 31, 2012, an improvement of $1.9 billion from a year ago
  • Worldwide vehicle shipments were 2.4 million for the year, up 20 percent from 2.0 million a year ago; fourth-quarter shipments were 613,000
  • Worldwide vehicle sales for the full year 2012 totaled 2.2 million, up 18 percent from a year ago; fourth-quarter sales were 533,000

January 30, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC today reported preliminary net income of $1.7 billion for the full year 2012, up from net income of $183 million a year ago, exceeding the guidance provided earlier in the year. Full-year 2011 Adjusted Net Income(a) was $734 million, after adjusting for the $551 million loss on extinguishment of debt recognized in the second quarter of 2011.

"While we are pleased to have achieved strong financial results in 2012, the enterprise we are crafting is not complete," Chrysler Group LLC Chairman and CEO Sergio Marchionne said. "The goals we've set for the year ahead reflect a common desire by everyone from leadership to the shop floor to succeed and sustain the power of the house we are building. Our aim is meaningful, but it is not complicated, and only a preoccupation with quality can achieve it. We pause for a moment to enjoy our accomplishments, but we will not stop. Our continued achievement relies upon maintaining a humble spirit and an intense focus on the integrity of our work. And so we press on."

For the fourth quarter, net income was $378 million on revenue of $17.2 billion, up 68 percent from $225 million a year earlier. For the year, the Company reported revenue of $65.8 billion, an increase of 20 percent from a year ago, primarily due to higher vehicle shipments.

Modified Operating Profit was $2.9 billion for the year, or 4.4 percent of revenue, up 47 percent from $2.0 billion reported in the prior year. The increase resulted from continuing strong sales and pricing, partially offset by an increase in the proportion of sales from passenger cars, including the Dodge Dart and Fiat 500, versus trucks and SUVs; increased research-and-development costs for future models; and increased spending on advertising. Modified Operating Profit for the quarter was $711 million, a 40 percent increase from the same period last year.

Modified EBITDA(c) was $5.5 billion for the year, or 8.3 percent of net revenue, an increase of 15 percent from the prior year. For the fourth quarter, Modified EBITDA was $1.3 billion.

Last edited by Mopar; 01-30-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

here's a much better look at what to expect from Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge. SRT, Fiat & Alfa Romeo:

2ToneDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

I will check it out
OrangeCrush13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm actually really excited to see what the SRT Barracuda will be like. I love what Dodge did with the Challenger. It was the perfect mix of a modern car with retro styling.

Here's an SRT Barracuda rendering I found online which is one of my favorite yet:

2ToneDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

That is super sweet!!!!!!! Love the hood
OrangeCrush13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ToneDart View Post
I'm actually really excited to see what the SRT Barracuda will be like. I love what Dodge did with the Challenger. It was the perfect mix of a modern car with retro styling.

Here's an SRT Barracuda rendering I found online which is one of my favorite yet:

If this is the actual rendering they are gonan go with it looks great. I see the the barracuda traits in it but with modern styling. I hope this one goes through.
Triple369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

That Barracuda rendering looks awesome. That bumper is hanging really low lol.

Judging from the look, I have high hopes. Hopefully it will be smaller in size compared to the Challenger which I feel is too big.
Viaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple369 View Post
If this is the actual rendering they are gonan go with it looks great. I see the the barracuda traits in it but with modern styling. I hope this one goes through.
it's a rendering by some random artist, not officially from a source like Dodge/Chrysler. but it's a good look at what to expect once the SRT Barracuda release happens.
boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted View Post
it's a rendering by some random artist, not officially from a source like Dodge/Chrysler. but it's a good look at what to expect once the SRT Barracuda release happens.
So it basically it has no merit. Just a fan rendering. Thanks for getting my hopes up :P
Viaggio is offline   Reply With Quote