First problems with the Dart - Page 6 - New Dodge Dart Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Last night, my wife shut the door and they just fell out...




2013 Dodge Dart Rallye - 1.4 Turbo - 6 Speed
2000 Grand Prix Daytona GTP - #997 of 2000 - T67 Turbo\'d and more



Angus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Last night, my wife shut the door and they just fell out...



That's ridiculous, this has me wondering about the build quality on the rest of the Dart
EssArT33 is offline  
post #53 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
Garage
Wow...nothing like waiting for the shoe to drop....what did the dealer say??. Someone's gas tank cover fell apart...I also belong to the newer Dart Forum...ugh....have my SXT since Oct....don't want to jinx myself

Last edited by lafl333; 12-07-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Adding info
lafl333 is offline  
post #54 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 82
About that last photo of the handle...I wonder if it was built on a Monday or Friday?

Many years ago I used to drive off the assembly line at one of the Chrysler minivan plants. I ws the first person to start each van and drive it. I'd occasionally find some "interesting" faults that probably would not be safe to drive on the road.

For instance, when there was a problem up the line with the brake fluid fill machine the operator was supposed to attach a tag saying that there's no fluid. If he missed doing that there's another operator down the line who is supposed to attach a warning tag if the brake test failed. It didn't always happen or the tag fell off before it got down to me. I learned to start each van with my foot on the brake pedal so I would know before I even put it in gear if the brakes had any pressure.

Before I learned to do that safety step there were a couple of times when I took off, drove down to the next station where they did the roll test, stepped on the brake pedal and it did absolutely nothing. Fortunately, the emergency brake worked but for a second or two it was an "OH SH*T" moment.

There were also a couple of times when I started driving away and the steering wheel fell off in my hands. Ahh, the memories.

Things were fixed by the time each van got out the door but I guess I was one of the front line grunts who discovered some of the more serious problems through trial and error.
RoadiJeff is offline  
post #55 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadiJeff View Post
About that last photo of the handle...I wonder if it was built on a Monday or Friday?

Many years ago I used to drive off the assembly line at one of the Chrysler minivan plants. I ws the first person to start each van and drive it. I'd occasionally find some "interesting" faults that probably would not be safe to drive on the road.

For instance, when there was a problem up the line with the brake fluid fill machine the operator was supposed to attach a tag saying that there's no fluid. If he missed doing that there's another operator down the line who is supposed to attach a warning tag if the brake test failed. It didn't always happen or the tag fell off before it got down to me. I learned to start each van with my foot on the brake pedal so I would know before I even put it in gear if the brakes had any pressure.

Before I learned to do that safety step there were a couple of times when I took off, drove down to the next station where they did the roll test, stepped on the brake pedal and it did absolutely nothing. Fortunately, the emergency brake worked but for a second or two it was an "OH SH*T" moment.

There were also a couple of times when I started driving away and the steering wheel fell off in my hands. Ahh, the memories.

Things were fixed by the time each van got out the door but I guess I was one of the front line grunts who discovered some of the more serious problems through trial and error.
Chrysler reinstating alcoholics and potheads doesn't help at all!

Someone clearly isn't doing their job, quality control needs to be stepped up.
EssArT33 is offline  
post #56 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
Reading this thread is making me second guess getting a Dart. I'm an ASE certified Tech, so yes I know the first model year or two will have a few bugs, some of these are just insane. like the last one the handle falling off WTF!
dav8388 is offline  
post #57 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 219
handle falling off can be a major safety issue.
what if your in an accident and fire/EMS tries to get you out but because of a faulty door handle they can't open the door as fast and easy.
Mopar is offline  
post #58 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
Garage
Just got a call from Security Dodge here on Long Island...bringing Baby Taz in tomorrow for a RRT recall. 2 computer settings need to be addressed. I'll ask about the racetrack lights when I'm there supposed to be a 20 minute recall fix. Anyone else get a call? Will let you know what happens!!!
lafl333 is offline  
post #59 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafl333 View Post
Just got a call from Security Dodge here on Long Island...bringing Baby Taz in tomorrow for a RRT recall. 2 computer settings need to be addressed. I'll ask about the racetrack lights when I'm there supposed to be a 20 minute recall fix. Anyone else get a call? Will let you know what happens!!!
Yea man keep us posted. I think if you were to create a thread outlining the recall, what you did and how it went it would be a ton of help.
sgtatarms is offline  
post #60 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 244
That is very extreme. Why did the handle fall out? Did the clip break?
cfrp is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the New Dodge Dart Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome