First problems with the Dart - New Dodge Dart Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

First problems with the Dart

It's a first year model, there are bound to be random problems with the car every so often. I've had my first issue, and thankfully my dealership is more than happy to play around and figure the problem out.

It's nothing major, though can be kind of annoying. When driving over bumps, I hear a sort-of "plastic on plastic" sound coming from the front drivers side. Right now, she's in the shop being looked at. They've ordered a new set of breaks, thinking that something in the system is possibly the culprit. I'll keep this updated with the result in case anyone else hears the sound.

The worst part is, I go from a vehicle with 39 mpg to a rental car rated at 15 mpg (RAM 1500).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:45 AM

RE: First problems with the Dart

Mine is going in to the dealership tomorrow for 4 different problems...

Good luck with your fix.
post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus

Good luck with your fix.
What problems are you having?

post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyedAngel
Quote:

Good luck with your fix.
I'm curious what problems you're having as well.

The problem as we know it was in fact the breaks. They ordered new parts and replaced them. So far the sound is good, hopefully it doesn't come back.
post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:03 AM

My Uconnect system decided to stop working on my second day of ownership. Today I took my car to the dealership. The short story, they can't fix it until an update is released.

Not cool to have a green screen at night.
post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 07:14 AM

wow...really not cool!

Dart ordered 8/4
Received VIN 8/11
Trim Stage 9/10
Final Inspection 9/11
Received 10/16
post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck with your fix.
This is what I posted in another thread:

Quote:
Quote:
1600 miles and averaging 32mpg 85% city, 15% highway.

From day one, part of the dash right under the windshield is loose and hits the windshield over slight bumps. Also yesterday, the fuel gauge read at below E when it had 1/4 tank in it and the range was 130 miles on the digital display... parked it, came back out an hour later and it has been working since... Weird.

I have no beefs. Warranty covers it all so I'm happy!
The other day, had the dash making a weird electrical buzzing sound... Couldn't figure out what it was till I noticed now that the engine temp gauge was pegged and the bottom (cold). I had just driven it on a hot day so I know it wasn't cold and I was driving it and it still showed pegged cold. This fixed itself the next day when my wife drove to work.

Cleaned the car out yesterday and noticed a paint chip on the inside of the door, before the weather stripping. not so much a pain chip but looks like when it was curing, this spot was pulled of from contacting something. Hard to explain but in the end, there's bare metal showing...

Lastly, noticed that the seat cover had separated from the chair frame and that there was a tear starting to form at a seem that seems to be extremely tight...

I hope these are easy fixes for the dealership, I was just hoping for a really high quality car from Dodge with this but that thought is starting to falter for me...

[hr]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_baKa
My Uconnect system decided to stop working on my second day of ownership. Today I took my car to the dealership. The short story, they can't fix it until an update is released.

Tell the dealership to put another uconnect head unit in... or push harder with Chrysler to get this fixed...

post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:

[hr]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_baKa

Tell the dealership to put another uconnect head unit in... or push harder with Chrysler to get this fixed...

Thanks for the tip. Heading to the dealership in the morning.
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 09:50 PM

I had the fuel gauge read E one day on a trip to Walmart, had 3/4 in the tank, worked once I was done in Walmart and I've watched it close sense, never happened again (about a month and a week now)
post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onederlnd
Quote:
Quote:

Good luck with your fix.
I'm curious what problems you're having as well.

The problem as we know it was in fact the breaks. They ordered new parts and replaced them. So far the sound is good, hopefully it doesn't come back.

BRAKES!**

and i'm actually SUPER disappointed with the bullshit that my dealership has. They have about 4 darts in their lot and the knowledge they have on them is so minuet, I'm better off selling the dam things. I actually told the guy I talked to, no one here knows more than they infomercials. I asked if they were hiring so I could sell the crap out of the cars. However with the unprofessional attitude I had with him from being irritated my dead great grandma's dog from 1963 knows more about Dodge Darts than their entire staff put together, I think I won't get the job... :/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Dodge Dart Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page