Air Conditioning - New Dodge Dart Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Air Conditioning

I took my Dart to the dealership today. The AC would get warm during acceleration and cool back down when I let off the throttle. The dealership said they consulted Chrysler and was told that it was normal because the computer turns off the compressor under hard throttle for economy reasons. Anyone else experience this? I've never driven a car that does this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 06:01 AM

Air Conditioning

Almost every car I have ever owned shuts off the compressor under WOT conditions. But typically you don't keep the throttle fully open long enough to notice the change in air temp.

I would say if it immediately goes warm there is something else going on.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 02:29 PM

RE: Air Conditioning

Try recycling the air vs. fresh air. It is a common practice to turn off the AC compressor during hard acceleration.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 05:50 AM

I been noticing that with my dart doing acceleration from 1st gear to 3rd gear. It will warm up for 3 seconds then cool.back down to the temperature it was before.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:04 AM

I find the A/C on my Dart is more efficient than my Mazda 3 was. The Mazda 3 A/C compressor would click on and off even when cruising. I'd always have to turn it off to launch quick as it did NOT shut down on hard accel. In the Dart I don't notice any of this, while there is drag it seems consistant, not on/off unless you floor it then it shuts down the A/C temporarily... this is by design.

All small engine cars that I've ever driven have a noticible power loss when the AC is on... especially at low RPMs.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

simpleness...

power loss scale......

00 - no power loss what so ever.. more like power enhancer
05 - You slightly feel it but the engine still chirps away
10 - Every dam time I turn this A/C on my car breaks from the compressor pulley giving out ! (whoops just happened to my neon.. :/ lol )

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalest1977
Anyone else experience this? I've never driven a car that does this.
Yes, it's normal when the engine is under heavy load. My 3.5L Sebring does it and cars I've owned in the past did the same thing.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 AM

So explain this one kids... I seem to have this problem intermittently during deceleration.... Explain away that one... And go......
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 04:33 AM

wow, it's interesting
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 04:48 AM

Hi, I think that with this question you need to contact the repair service because it can be very serious. I was a little worse off than you. When I went on a trip to my car with my wife, during the trip, our car stalled. I immediately realized that the battery was dead, but I couldn't figure out why. I was very lucky that we have stalled near the aircon servicing. So the guys helped us charge the battery. But what surprised me was that the battery died because of the air conditioner. And that was just the job for these guys. Well, they helped to sort out the air conditioning and my wife and I continued the journey. But we remember this situation for the rest of our lives.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Dodge Dart Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page