Crashed my Dart today :( Tips on repairing? - New Dodge Dart Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

Crashed my Dart today :( Tips on repairing?

Hey guys, first timer here, I've lurked a few times over the years to check out some upgrades people have done to their Darts, interesting stuff. So unfortunately earlier tonight I got into a single crash while driving for work, looked away for half a second and bam through a sign into the woods . Attached some pics. I reallllly don't want to do this through insurance because I'm still under my parents plan and I 100% don't want their rates to increase for my mistake. I was wondering if you guys think buying some stuff on CarID and bringing it to a repair shop would be the cheapest way to do it out of pocket. I know nothing about what exactly is damaged here, I figure if I go get an estimate they can tell me and I'll try finding some parts to buy. Anyone tips or help is appreciated, this thing has been so beat up over the years I loved this car but after being hit twice badly while parked I gave up on upgrading it or anything. Thanks everyone.

Edit: Sorry for the bad lighting, I'm guessing I'll defiantly need a new driver side fender, light, maybe a bumper? Also the whole underside cover thing is off and dragging (the whole thing not just on the driver side)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23113140_1888665261150924_277896200_o.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1481   Click image for larger version

Name:	23107243_1888665274484256_621369549_o.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	1489  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 04:11 AM

Sorry to hear about the crash, glad you weren't hurt though. Gotta keep your eyes on the road ALL the time! Can't tell a whole lot from the pics but it looks like you will need a bumper cover, headlight, fender & maybe an inner wheel well? You can probably get all those parts off ebay for $350-500 total. All of which should be straight forward to pull off and re-install. If you're lucky you might find them already painted the same color, if not plan on spending at least another 500-1000 to have them painted. The underside cover isn't a big deal, you might be able to re-attach it or just take it off. Looks like your hood and all the bumper/grill inserts survived so that's good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the New Dodge Dart Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page